Friday, January 23, 2009

Updates and short term goals for February!

Wow...it has been a little quiet around here for a few weeks and for that I apologize. :) I do not want this to be a wonderful new years resolution idea that fades into the background of life as the months go on. So how is everyone doing??? Any reading that stuck out to you? How about walking...anyone set up a good schedule yet? Well, I am going to be honest and confess that I took my Bible to Bend with me and it did not get opened once. :( This is pretty sad because I did manage to find time to read my fiction book...what do you know :) I also have not been walking much...I was on a better schedule before I decided to make a goal. AHHH!! So as we enter into a new month soon i thought that we could make some short term goals to keep us on track and to keep the tasks from looking so large. Here is what I was thinking:

Sonia and I had a wonderful conversation the other day and she mentioned how she really wanted to read the Bible with a group because it is always fun and encouraging to hear how the Lord is working in other peoples lives as well as seeing the growth in your own life. She was concerned that we are all at different places in the Bible because of missed days and such. I totally agreed and so I thought that instead of telling people to just hurry and catch up we can each make a personal decision at the beginning of each month. Meaning, we all start at the same place on the 1st of each month. If you are behind you can choose to skim to catch up, cuddle in a blanket and read like crazy or you can just jump ahead. My thinking behind this is that we will continue to stay in the Word and will still get something out of the reading that we are able to do while at the same time be in the same passages and chapters of the Bible which allows us to share with each other!!! :)

Since we are on the sharing issue, I would love to have a rotation and each commit to adding at least one post a month on a section that you have read. What do you think???

Okay, onto the walking....

My only short term goal for the coming month is to figure out a schedule to walk on a regular basis and stick to it. :) I also think that we should set one day in February to all get together and walk a longer walk together! This will start bringing us together and hopefully give us some encouragement to keep on keepin' on! :) What do you think? Would a Saturday morning be best? An evening? One weekday morning? You tell me! :) We could bring kids in strollers (with blankets) if this works best!!! Feed back please!!!! :)

Okay, now it is your turn. Who is out there and what do you think???

- T

1 comment:

  1. I think the Bible reading together is a great way to hold ourselves accountable. Tell me what to read!

    ReplyDelete